3 Ways To Format Drives / Partitions In Windows 10
As we know that the latest version of Windows 10 offers a variety of features or advantages that make it easier for users. One of the advantages is that it makes it easy to format partitions or drives.
There are three ways you can do in formatting data in Windows 10 either through File Explore, Command Prompt, or Disk Management. The following will be described 3 Ways To Format Drives / Partitions In Windows 10 that you can do without having to use third party applications.
Format from windows 10 File Explore Steps:
- Open the File Explore menu
- Select the partition / drive you want to format, right-click and select the format button.
- Click Ok when you receive a confirmation dialog to format the drive.
Format using windows 10 Disk Management Steps:
- Open the Disk Management application
- In the Disk Management window select the drive or partition that you want to format.
- Click the format button and after that the format dialog box will appear then enter the name of the drive, you should select the file system.
- Select the Quick Format menu and click Ok to start the format process.
Format from windows 10 Command Prompt
The last way is through the Command Prompt, this way you can do it if you cannot format the partition or drive through the methods above. Steps:
- Open the Command Prompt menu as an administrator.
- If the Command Prompt window is already open, click the Enter button.
- Then type the Volume List and click Enter
- Before formatting the partition, you must select Volume X to be replaced with the participation number you want to format.
- Finally, click Ok to execute the format command on the menu.
That was 3 Ways To Format Drives / Partitions In Windows 10 that you can do at home. Be sure to back up the partition or drive to be formatted first. Because all data will be lost if the format is finished.